Planned Parenthood Advocates of Wisconsin proudly endorses Mary Burke for Governor because we are committed to restoring freedom, responsibility, and opportunity to Wisconsin women and families.
Mary Burke has been a longtime supporter and friend to Planned Parenthood.
She believes women, not politicians, should have the freedom and responsibility to make decisions about their health care. She has a clear vision for the state and a path to victory in 2014.
It’s time for us to make history by electing the first woman governor in Wisconsin who values freedom and will restore equal opportunity for all regardless of gender, income, or where we live.
Mary Burke knows:
Where we are:
- Wisconsin is better when women have the freedom to make their own health care decisions without political interference.
- Everyone deserves the freedom to plan their own families, make their own health care decisions, and access essential, affordable health care.
- Family planning is a personal responsibility, not something for politicians to do for us.
- Elected officials must put women’s health and safety before politics.
- Everyone in Wisconsin can respect differences of opinion and still work together for the sake of women’s health and safety.
- When women have the opportunity to do better, Wisconsin does better.
Mary Burke knows it doesn’t have to be this way.
- Governor Scott Walker has cut funding for women seeking cancer screenings, birth control, and health exams at Planned Parenthood of Wisconsin, repealed equal pay protections for women, passed numerous restrictions on a woman’s ability to access safe and legal abortion, and eliminated essential BadgerCare coverage for almost 100,000 hardworking Wisconsin citizens.
- Never before have women lost so much in such a short period of time. PPAWI is taking this important step to endorse Mary Burke because we know that she is the key to reversing this dangerous path.
She provides a clear contrast to the divisive politics over women’s health that Governor Walker has led over the last three years.
Learn more about our endorsement
and help move Wisconsin women forward by donating today